Polly White is a Partner in Whitestone Partners, Inc. Before joining Whitestone, Polly led her own consulting firm, Pro HR Services, for eight years which provided human resources, workforce and professional development expertise to companies ranging in size from small businesses to Fortune 10 organizations. In this role, Polly:
- Performed comprehensive HR audits, giving small and midsized businesses the information needed to protect their companies’ assets.
- Helped small and midsized businesses to develop HR Systems positively impacting the organizations’ bottom lines.
- Helped the sales force of a Fortune 500 company improve their presentation skills
- Wrote training curricula and testing for a Fortune 10 company.
- Was the keynote speaker at a professional development conference for the Richmond Federal Reserve.
- Spoke at the national sales conference of a Fortune 500 company in back-to-back years.
- Developed and delivered more than 30 unique workshops focused on management skills and development.
Before launching her consulting career, Polly managed the human resources departments of three mid-sized companies in Richmond where she made significant improvements to overall workforce performance by modifying the companies’ HR systems and developing both employees and their management. Examples of these included:
- Developed and implemented an attendance system that increased perfect attendance from less than 30 percent to more than 70 percent in 5 months.
- Negotiated and implemented a benefits program that reduced costs to the company by 26% while improving the value to the employees.
- Developed, wrote, and published a monthly newsletter and a bi-monthly “answer” column to increase positive and accurate employee communication.
- Developed and implemented a promotion system that reduced perceptions of favoritism while increasing the success rate for internal promotions to 97%.
- Developed and implemented a plan that reduced turnover from 27% to 12% annually saving the company an estimated $300,000 in recruiting, training, and severance costs over a one-year period.
- Negotiated and introduced changes to the 401k plan that resulted in enhanced benefits to employees while reducing costs to the company by more than $20,000 annually.
- Designed and instituted an incentive compensation program for an hourly production team that resulted in a 47% increase in productivity.
- Instituted programs that reduced workers compensation costs by more than $15,000 annually.
- Restructured leave policies to eliminate sick leave abuse while improving employee morale.
- Developed and implemented an organizational assessment survey that resulted in numerous improvement programs and cost savings over a multi-year timeframe.
Polly received her Bachelor’s of Business Administration degree from Averett University where she won the prestigious Mary C. Fugate award as the valedictorian of her class. She went on to complete her MA degree in Adult Education and Human Resource Development from The George Washington University.